27 Impossibly Fun Ways To Entertain Kids At Your Wedding
By: Mike Spohr
1. Have a “kids’ table” and stock
it with crayons… lots of crayons.
2. Speaking of the kids’ table, forgo the fancy tablecloth and put down butcher paper instead.
This way kids can draw anywhere they like.
4. Put a centerpiece on the kids’ table that can be played with later.
Not doing a kids’ table? You can still keep your little guests busy with an activity briefcase.
This guide has loads of ideas for what to put in it.
8. Set up a “kids only!” tent.
You could also make an adjoining room a “kids only!” zone (assuming your venue is set up in such a way). Have games, show a movie, and serve pizza!
9. Hire a babysitter to make sure the kids are having fun (and keeping out of trouble).
This is especially smart if you’re going to have younger kids who might need help with games or activities.
11. Set up a video game station.
Kids will love it (assuming the adults ever give them a turn).
17. Have a ball pit.
18. Schedule a “kids only” time on the dance floor.
Let little ones burn off some energy on the dance floor for 15-30 minutes before the adults are ready to start dancing.
19. Bonus: ask the DJ to play “Let It Go” after inviting all the kids to the dance floor.
Hello, viral video.
20. Stock one table with classic board games.
22. Let loose in a bounce house.
Just be sure you’re able to keep your drunken friends out of it.
24. Have an “open bar” for the kids.
Yes, the candy and junk food might make kids a little crazy, but the stuff the other open bar serves might make your adult guests crazy too.
27. Give kids a kid-friendly drink for the toasts.
Adults get to raise a special drink, so kids should, too! If not milk and cookies, try apple cider or flavored lemonade.